Karting (New South Wales) Inc is pleased to announce the appointment of its new Development Officer – Brett Staples.
In his role, Brett will be responsible for working with the KNSW Team to:-
- develop a training clinic frameworks for beginners, intermediate and advanced level junior and senior karters;
- work with KNSW Clubs to coordinate events that encourage new participants to the sport;
- provide recommendations to engage new karters to the sport, as well as ways to nurture the talent of juniors and seniors already within the sport;
- coordinate training & development events for juniors and seniors that cater for beginners through to experienced drivers;
- identify innovative ways of educating parents with various aspects of the sport such as kart set-up, maintenance, data analysis, etc; and
- assist with the creation of pathways for karters wishing to find a career in motorsport.
Brett comes to KNSW with a wealth of knowledge and experience of over 12 years in karting. During this time, he has been a competitor, karting parent, official, scrutineer, a business owner involved in engine building, driver training, development, data interpretation, kart set up and maintenance.
Out of all of the roles Brett has been involved in, it is the ‘driver training and development’ where his passion lies.
We wish to congratulate Brett on his appointment and welcome him officially as part of the KNSW Team!