Karting (New South Wales) Inc has today released Version 6.0 of its Guidelines to Reduce Covid-19 Risk at KNSW Sanctioned Events from 01 July 2020.
Ms Alsters, Chair of KNSW said “As you aware, we have been permitted to hold ‘racing events’ in New South Wales under Clause 8 of the NSW Public Health Orders since 15 May 2020 – provided strict adherence to the Public Health Orders”.
From 01 July 2020, amendments to the NSW Public Health Orders will allow the return of “community sport”.
What this means for us – is that no longer will our events have caps on participation numbers for classes, gatherings or track density.
From 01 July 2020:-
- We will have Spectators at our events;
- Communal facilities such as showers, change rooms and lockers will re-open;
- The number of people at the track shall not exceed one person per 4 sqm (including staff);
- All drivers and spectators will need to comply with 1.5m physical distancing;
- All KNSW Clubs will have current approved Covid-19 Safety Plans; and
- We will be required to keep a record of all spectators and participants (required under NSW Public Health Orders).
All of these changes have now been captured in the latest Version 6.0 of our Guidelines.